Jan's Bridal Care
At Jan's Professional Dry Cleaners, Museum Quality Cleaning, Packaging and Preservation is a Specialty.
Hi Jan! I just wanted to let you know and thank you for the wonderful job that you did with my mother's wedding dress! I have pondered for many years over where I could send it and have ease of mind knowing it would be ok. The most fascinating and awesome thing is that it arrived back to me on what would have been my mom and dad's 54th wedding anniversary! Can you believe that? So awesome. Again, thank you so much!-Joyce Bennett
- Complimentary evaluation: Our preservation specialist will gladly give you a free consultation and estimate for the care of any fabric, new or old.
- Hand cleaning: We hand treat and clean each gown individually on our premises - never in combination with other gowns.
- Anti-Stain Treatment: Spills containing sugar, salt and acid often dry clear and cannot be seen, These latent stains do not dissolve during ordinary dry cleaning and turn an ugly brown over time. Our unique anti-stain treatment ensures that all sugar, salt and acid stains are removed.
- Personal Inspection: You may arrange to inspect your wedding gown before preservation is completed. Should you desire to view the preservation of your gown we will proudly accommodate your request.
- Environmentally Pure, Lasting Protection: Vacuum or plastic seals and other acidic materials damage gowns. Our preservation specialist places your gown in a custom designed acid-free archival wedding chest, wraps your gown in pre-washed bleached muslin, places acid-free tissue paper in all the folds to buffer potential wrinkles and slips it into an optional, beautiful muslin sleeve.
Because you want the beauty of your wedding day to last forever, we take great pride in our professional, national certifications:
- Certified Professional Drycleaner
- Certified Professional Wetcleaner
- Certified Environmental Drycleaner
Besides your groom, and perhaps your engagement ring - your Wedding gown is one of your most precious and carefully chosen possessions for this glorious and happy occasion. The Professionals at Jan's Cleaner's in mid-Michigan offer the following tips for taking care of stains and the cleaning process:
Prior To Your Ceremony
Plan to have your gown and veil professionally steamed/pressed. Excellent professional dry cleaners will offer to do this for you as part of the care of your gown.
- Strong considerations should be given to what you wish to have happen with your gown after the wedding. Whatever your desires for the future, your investment in your gown and its professional care, cleaning and storage should be near the top of your list of things to do before, during and after the wedding.
- Perhaps you wish to make it a keepsake, perhaps you hope to have your own daughter wear your gown on her wedding day, we've seen preserved gowns remade into gorgeous and cherished Christening gowns for children and grandchildren.
- Ask the provider of your gown how the gown should be cleaned and if the trim should be cleaned the same way. Ask for cleaning instructions in writing if possible.
- Your gown most likely will pick up invisible stains from food, beverages, make up and body oils (yours and those of all the huggers & kissers!) If these stains are not properly removed, they may become permanent. Please try to identify the areas you know may be stained.
Storing Your Gown
- Remove extra padding, metal hooks and buttons which can rust and discolor over time. These notions can be stored in separate packaging along with your gown.
- Protect your gown investment by storing it in acid-free paper and unbleached muslin protective wraps.
- Store your gown, folded and packaged flat in a restorative quality box. All the fabric stress typically caused by the gown's weight on a hanger is eliminated when stored this way.
- Freshly cleaned and wrapped in protective covers, your gown should be stored in a safe, temperature controlled room. Under the bed in your guest room is one great place to store your cleaned and preserved gown. Extreme temperatures of attics and basements can cause great harm to your gown.
Jan's Cleaners is a proud member of the Association of Wedding Gown Specialists.
CALL US FOR A FREE CONSULTATION - (810) 687-7590.
REQUEST AN EVALUATION & QUOTE
We'll ship you an acid-free shipping box with return shipping to our restoration plant.
We'll provide you with an evaluation & quote for our service.